The past week has had beautiful weather, from the high 50's at night to the low 80's today (but most of the week has been in the mid 70's. The first three photos below are on our walk home from dinner on Sunday night, we tried out the birthplace of the salad bar, RJ Grunts, and it was a very cool little place about a half mile from our house, and we took the Lincoln Park route on our way home. The views of the city from the park (the second photo) are amazing, and on weekend nights there are always weddings going on, and they come here to take photos, as well as family photos, and engagement sessions, so there's always a lot to see. On our walks we've seen four or five wedding parties so far!
The bottom photos are from a solo biking trip I took earlier this week. My poor bike definitely needed help, I knew when I set out that I should have put more air in the tires, but I just thought, I won't go far...but the weather was so gorgeous, and with the bike I went further than we ever have been walking, so I found myself a bit further than I intended to go, and a homeless man shouted to me, "Hey, you're bike tires need air!", so I shouted back, "I know, thanks" - and then he told me there was a bike shop right around the corner - so thanks to him I have a new basket, new spokes, enough air in the tires, and a city ready bike lock. I'm glad I listened, because then I got to enjoy one of the best bike paths ever, right along Lake Michigan. Other adventures this week included going to the Chicago History Museum, which is right around the corner, and although not as big and fancy as the Museum of Science and Industry and the Field Museum, it has amazing stories and artifacts about Chicago's culture, including lots of information about the World's Fair in 1893.



No comments:
Post a Comment