Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Photos of our last week :)


Sorry I've not been keeping up with the blog over the last few days...it's been busy! Our last weekend before Drew's new job start day was spent soaking up the outdoors, and sight seeing. We spent Friday afternoon walking through Lincoln Park (with the cats :) - they seemed to do ok, but I don't think they enjoy being outside of the pet stroller...we I bought them leashes and harnesses so we could take them outside, but I don't think they agree with me. Now whenever I open the closet door where we keep the stroller, they run and hide! Poor cats...anyways, Friday night we went to a friend from FL's party, and got to meet some very nice Chicago people - so that was great! Saturday we went on an Architectural Boat tour - and got to see some amazing views of the downtown buildings - it's a nice 2.5 mile walk for us from our apartment, so we walked there and back - with a stop at Drew's favorite new Irish Pub! On Sunday it was a bit drizzly, but we didn't let that stop us - we put on our Harley Davidson rain jackets and went for a 6 mile walk along the lakefront, and into downtown, with a stop at Portillos on the way home. Hope you enjoy the photos :)


A lot of people ask how our cats are doing, so here is a photo montage of them and their adventures. Above - Sam is stretched out asleep in our arms - she never, ever does this - so it was quite wonderful! (I love how you can see Drew petting her head, and then her leg is stretched out and she's on her back!)
 Sam and Meowka in Lincoln Park - trying out the leashes...
In their pet Stroller

Meowka trying to jump 18 floors...we have to keep our bedroom windows shut, otherwise I'm afraid they'll get stuck and fall out.

 We found the lily pond behind the Lincoln Park Zoo, it is quite beautiful, but a little to secluded, and I would not want to go through there by myself.

Beautiful flowers planted in front of our building last week

 We passed this Hummingbird in the middle of the city - at first I thought it was a big bug!


 Trump Tower Above, Corn Cob Towers Below

A boat cruise like the one we went on


 I'm told this place is the place to be at in the summer for the beach season! I think it's probably the "Lani Kai" of Chicago :) I believe it's called Castaways

Millennium Park and the giant "Bean" or Cloud Gate as the Artist Intended it



Gladiolas today at the farmer's market - these remind me of you Linda, Drew's mom who always has a bouquet of these in her living room! I'm to scared to buy them because I just know the cat's would find a way to knock them down!


Miss everyone! It's starting to sink in that we actually did move....

No comments: